Jeshua's pupils are different sizes. They adjust proportionally to light and dark, but are never the same size. We went to an ophthalmologist to make sure this was not a problem.
We sang "Wheels on the Bus" while riding the bus. Here is Jesh doing a little improv section:
The ophthalmologist was a hit. Cartoons and candy — what more could a kid want?
"Lollipop" is one of my favorite words that he says.
Jesh's imagination is really active. Anything can be anything, as demonstrated:
And as demonstrated here:
Most of his singing is gibberish, though I did here "taking Daddy's shoes off" toward the beginning.
Darcy just gets more and more fun as she becomes more alert and social.
We joined zipcar, and I was super excited to drive myself (and two friends) to Costco last weekend. But I don't think we'll actually use the service much. It's not cheap, and driving here is stressful!
Darcy does a lot more crying than Jesh did because I can't always respond immediately to her cries. Jesh usually ignores her, but for some reason he decided this day to flop down next to her and pretend to be asleep.
Sunday, the primary kids and teachers made thank you notes for the outgoing primary president. I was planning to walk with Jesh and Darcy to the mailbox to post the notes while our laundry washed, but I accidentally dumped the envelope with the notes in the washing machine. Oops!
They dried out pretty well and I sent them anyway.
Jesh and I had friends last this week, and while Tiffany and I chatted, Emma and Jesh disappeared into the kitchen. When I peeked in at them, they said, "We're babies!"
"Mom, I can't reach my tortellini!"
I guess that bouncy seat is pretty comfortable?
I love that Jesh is funny on purpose lately.
And sometimes funny on purpose crosses the line into just plain stir crazy.
Darcy is super easy going now that she feels good.
Jesh loves trains, and he has been reliving his favorite Thomas and Friends stories with his new brio-style track. It's hilarious to hear him play because he uses phrases from the show. The trains will fall off the edge of the table, and he will start staying — with just the right intonation — something like, "Oh no! Mighty Spencer crashed into the muddy marsh!" or "Fizzling fireboxes! That was scary!"
Homemade focaccia bread for this recipe. DELICIOUS.
Our girl chatting with me as she lounges in her summer attire.
Tonight for FHE we talked about missionaries and made a piggy bank for Jesh to save "missionary money." (Thanks B and Katrina for the mission pictures, and thanks B for the tag.)
Jesh will get 10 pennies to put in his missionary fund each time he helps me take out the recycling. In a little while, we'll have a lesson on tithing and then he can start putting nine pennies in his mission fund and paying one penny for tithing.
Elder Jeshua Zimmerman
Missionary Fund
Ready to Serve 2029-2031
Darcy is getting to heavy for the bjorn, so Jesh is getting used to doing a lot more walking. This day, we walked a little too far though. We still had a big hill between us and home, and the kid was pooped enough to share the stroller with Darcy.
She looks thrilled, don't you think?
She was asleep and he was grumpy by the time we got home.











No comments:
Post a Comment