Darcy was squawking extra loudly at the end of her nap because she had her legs stuck through the crib bars, and of course I took pictures before I rescued her. She is in that stage when a kid can't crawl or roll (much) but still manage to move around more than you expect.
We have had lots of friends over lately. This is Jesh giving imaginary ice cream to our neighbor, Zoe (5). Jesh frequently is an (pretend) ice cream or (imaginary) tortilla distributer at the park.
This is Jesh and Ezra, my friend Julie's boy. They were smiling and waving at me but not when I took the picture, of course.
After playing at the park with church friends in the morning and having Zoe over all day, Jesh took his trains and Tidmouth Sheds (the box) to the only room without a girl in it.
I made the futon into a fort that served as a movie theater on day 3 of babysitting Zoe. I really like the girl, but I needed a break.
In preparation for Darcy's four-month check up last week, I reviewed developmental milestones for her age. She is way ahead in the pre-crawling milestones, but was behind in starting to reach and grab. I have been putting her in her bouncy chair a little more often to give her opportunity to practice, and she has improved dramatically. I took this picture because it was the first time she got a hold of the banana, which plays music. Yea, Darcy!
Jesh was pretending that he was a dad at working checking his email. Then he stood up and started dancing, and told us he was in a work meeting.
Darcy loves watching Jesh play, and he is starting to like her a lot better now that she smiles and coos at him. She loves that kid. We play chase — I carry Darcy and chase him around the house. Whenever we corner him, he says, "Hi Darcy! Hi Darcy!" over and over, and she laughs.
We had a crazy load of kids over today. Zoe, our neighbor, came to play again, and I watch two other kids so their moms could help someone in the ward move.
We had an awesome dance party.
Then took a 15-minute Sesame Street interlude...
...which gave me time to make lunch.
And this is how Darcy got through the day. There were moments when I would have liked to join her.
Jesh was rubbing his face with his marker, but he had it turned the wrong way. So funny. By bathtime, it was smeared all over because he was so sweaty from our humidity.
I would not want to meet this baby in a dark alley. Do you see those kicks? Hiiiiii-yah!



















What I would give for hair and eyes like my niece and nephew!!! I love her little legs sticking out of the crib!
ReplyDelete