Jesh and I play this game sometimes where I say, "I'm so hungry I could eat a ______" (fill in the blank). Then he says, "No! A ______ is for ________." Here is a sample.
Sorry you have to listen to me shout over the freeway traffic in this video.
Mom: I want to eat a truck.
Jesh: No, trucks are for driving.
M: I want to eat an airplane.
J: No, airplanes are for flying to Grandma's house.
M: I want to eat an avocado.
J: Yeah, avocados are for crackers and for eating.
M: I want to eat a horse.
J: Horsies are for galloping on with ????
M: I want to eat a church.
J: No, churches are for singing.
M: I want to eat a high-speed passenger train.
J: No, high-speed passenger trains are for driving on the tracks.
LOL. I love his responses. Thanks for the transcript, my understanding of children is a bit rusty!
ReplyDelete