Monday, September 8, 2014

First day of school

Jesh's first day of pre-school was Friday.

We all went to the school together so Yancy could drop off Jesh, and Darcy and I could attend a parent meeting.

This is the cubby where Jesh stores his backpack while he is in class.



This is the creepy animated gif that Picasa automatically made for me.



This is a shot of Jesh's classroom.

Jesh describing this picture: "This is a picture of us sitting on the rug and I am alone. There are too many kids so I wanted to be alone. That girl (the girl in the gray shirt) wanted to be alone too but there wasn't room. I didn't want her to be alone with me. That's why I stayed on the letter Y and didn't look at her."

Jesh was really tired on Friday. He had about 7 out of his normal 12 hours of sleep and he was still recovering from jetlag. Today he seemed to enjoy it more and I was able to get a little more detail from him about what they did.



His typical school day follows this routine:


  • Dad drops him off at 8:30am
  • Wash hands and eat breakfast
  • Morning meeting. The teacher tells the kids what to expect that day.
  • Activity centers. The kids get to choose which activity center they want to play at. Areas include blocks, reading, acting out a profession (like play dentist or police officer).
  • Recess
  • Ending meeting.
  • Pick up at 11am.
And this is where I pick up my boy.




This morning Jesh and Yancy left together at 8:15, which will be our normal morning routine. I've had a lot of mixed feelings about beginning this next phase for our family, but I have felt much more peaceful since we had school blessings after church yesterday. Parenting without guidance from the Holy Ghost would be so much more stressful.

No comments:

Post a Comment