Sunday, September 18, 2011

NJ Service Day

Today church was canceled for our whole stake so we could go to New Jersey and help those whose homes have been damaged by flooding from Hurricane Irene. It was amazing to see all these wonderful people happy at 7:30 a.m., on the Lord's errand.


Yancy is on the left side in this pic. Most of these people are in my ward.


I couldn't go because I need to be around to nurse Jesh, but I helped provide cookies for the workers to eat on their ride home. Eyes closed, as always.



Jeshua usually likes being at church and likes the people at church, but when I was running around to give out the cookies, I walked out of his line of sight to chase someone down (he was in his stroller). He started to cry pretty hard, and a friend of mine picked him up, but he was not friendly with anyone the rest of the morning. This picture pretty much captures his attitude.


Oh, there was one exception. Yancy walked past once and the kid split into a huge smile and about jumped out of my arms. It was pretty cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment