Bless Daddy that he can come home.
Bless us my jammies.
Bless us my green jammies.
Bless us Darcy's red jammies.
Thank you my red shirt.
Thank you my pants.
Thank you mommy's ???
Thank you mommy's shirt.
Thank you the boppy pillow.
Thank you Darcy.
Thank you my... thank you my blanket covered with pillows.
Thank you my changing table. I cried when Darcy used it. I had tears on my face.
I have bushes outside.
And ??? outside.
And some people's houses.
Ands some people's houses.
And some people's houses.
????
Thank you Sister Chiriac.
Thank you my... thank you my...
Best prayer ever.
ReplyDeleteI love it when kids are at this stage, because it's so raw and honest, and you can see then actually thinking of the things they're thankful for. After a few years they tend to fall into the trap of just repeating the same thing, usually along the lines of "I'm thankful for the prophet, for my mom and dad, for my brothers and sisters, AMEN!" I love how he looks around to focus on the things he's saying thank you for (like his red shirt!)!
ReplyDeleteTotally! I think one reason God is always telling us to be more like children is because they are so honest. He'd rather hear a furious, honest prayer than a optimistic lie.
ReplyDeleteIt also makes me think our prayers sound just as long and random to him.
ReplyDelete