Last Monday, the kids were going to miss their naps because of Darcy's x-ray appointment, so I decided to go do some things we've wanted to do that take more time than we have in a morning.
First, we went to visit some friends who used to live in our neighborhood. Our bus ride should have only taken about 40 minutes even with the transfer, but we literally watched both busses drive away early as we were walking to the bus stops. (I have too much dignity to run or flail to catch them, particularly when I am wearing Darcy and dragging Jesh.)
But I will not complain — it was the day of people being super nice to us. I didn't have enough coins for our bus fares (thought I could use bills) but every time other passengers helped. People moved to give us seats together, held the doors for us, and helped me strap on my baby carrier. It was awesome.
Jesh played hard at Julie's, and after stuffing down lunch, we caught our next bus to get to the x-ray clinic. This bus ride was when Jesh should have been starting his nap. Sitting still, being slightly bored and listening to the white noise on the bus made him so tired. When we got off, I stopped to adjust the carrier and next thing I know he was falling asleep on the ground.
I rallied the poor kid to walk the half mile to the clinic, but it was slow, whiny progress. I gave him a piggy back the last couple blocks. I wish I had a picture of that — Darcy on the front in the carrier and Jesh on my back with his backpack.
We were in and out of the clinic in about an hour. (FYI, we found out Friday that her hips are perfect. She had some symptoms of displasia.) Next stop: Target, because it was across the street. Darcy rode in the seat cart for the first time. I think she really liked it.
By the time we left Target though, she was not happy. We found a bench in a corner where I could nurse her and Jesh could take a rest.
We ended our adventure with several rides on the escalator, the incentive that kept this kid on his feet all day. Part way through our ride he decided that he didn't want to hold my hand anymore. He explains in this video.
"Um, I'm a a man." That's right. He wasn't a boy; he was a man. And a man doesn't need to hold his mommy's hand on the escalator. At the top of his escalator ride though he was so busy dodging my had that he almost fell backward down the escalator. Thank heaven I was able to snatch him by his backpack strap. (Booyah!)
And this clip is from the next day, when we attended the cub scout family picnic. The part of our building with the chapel is closed, so we have been meeting in the gym using this portable stage. I asked Jesh to give me a talk.
Yeah, so I am not sure what is says about my success as a gospel teacher if the only things he remembers from scripture study are Laman and Lemuel. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment