All summer I have wanted to take Jesh on the Staten Island Ferry, a free commuter ferry that runs between lower Manhattan and Staten Island. While Jesh enjoyed the boat ride, the kids struggled with all the train riding, walking and waiting we had to do to get on board. Luckily we had a wonderful friend with us who made everything a lot easier.
Unfortunately I don't have a picture of that part of our trip. I was too busy entertaining, dispensing snacks and searching for things Darcy had chucked out of the stroller.
After the ferry ride, my friend and I had lunch at Batter Park while Darcy napped and Jesh played in the sprinkler.
Jesh was really excited about going to another park with a sandbox, so we went even though we didn't get there until 3pm. Here are lots of videos of the kids happy at the park.
Darcy is fearless at the park, though not reckless. I love watching her carefully but not nervously explore. I also loved the way she would stare down big kids that tried to rush her across the rope bridge.
Darcy finally started getting used to the sand.
She climbed in and figured this out all by herself.
We didn't leave until 5pm and got a second drenching as we walked home in a rain storm.
For dinner we dined on leftover snacks and clif bars while we commuted.





Haha, that fifth video... Darcy looks like she's thinking, "Clearly this shovel is defective."
ReplyDelete