Sunday, December 14, 2014

Bringing Sally Home

We got home Saturday night.

This is tiny Sally in our great big carseat, leaving the hospital. The white, fluffy bunting was so big on her we couldn't use it. We got to our apartment after the kids were asleep.


Darcy woke up first this morning. She was mildly interested in Sally and very interested in finding someone to get her breakfast.

Jesh woke up a while later. I heard his door open so I came over where he was to say hi. I thought I'd get a big hug, but he immediately asked, "Is Sally here? Can I see her?"

I don't have any pictures or videos of that first moment where they saw each other; I didn't want to interrupt it. He was delighted. "Baby Sally, it's wake up time!" he giggled. Then he asked if he could show Sally to Darcy. I didn't tell him she'd already seen her and not been impressed, and I'm glad I didn't because Darcy seemed to like Sally better when she saw that Jesh was excited about Sally.











The boys are at church now, and Darcy, Sally and I are hanging out. (Darcy picked out her own outfit today.)



No comments:

Post a Comment