Sunday, August 7, 2016

A matching set

Walking home from church in the rain. This umbrella is a prized possession and a hazard. The spokes are so pokey!







The window seat. I was just thinking that I hope our next home has a window seat, and then I realized our next home will probably have actual seating in/near the kitchen.




Having a snack break while waiting for the bus. These kids are experienced commuters.




This moment took a week to cultivate. We were cat sitting for our upstairs neighbor, and the kids wanted to pet the cats. The problem: Sally squeals in joy and charges every time she sees the cats. Earl and Roxie would hide under the bed whenever I came with the kids.




Finally, the last day, they lay down with their little hands full of cat food and Earl finally came out. Roxie There was lots of giggle and purring — until Sally got involved. One good shriek and the cat was back under the bed and Jesh was in tears. All that hard work!




They were very proud to have dressed up as twins this day. They have been unbelievably good friends this summer.




Taking a rest during a long hot walk.

2 comments:

  1. Yancy and I went through the same "good friends" stage at this age! Putting on silly talent and magic shows for each other, exploring the woods by our house (which we were WAY too young to have been doing!) and following animal tracks we found. Lots of good memories from that age :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to pretend that it's going to last through their teenage years.

    ReplyDelete