Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! My pictures just imported in reverse order and I'm too lazy to reverse them, so here is the month of November, backwards.
Yancy makes amazing french toast, so one of the ways we celebrated the holiday was to have him cook. Jesh loved it. I took this picture because Jesh had topped his french toast with a sculpture of bananas, strawberries and whipped cream — but the picture completely fails to capture the finesse.
Darcy and I had to check three grocery stores to find frozen strawberries for the french toast, so we had to take a banana break partway home.
In the last couple of months, Jesh's interest in drawing has blossomed for the first time. This picture shows the confrontation between Sir Galahad and the troll in Cowardly Clyde.
As you walk into our local Rite Aid store, there is this cruelly placed display of bugged-eyed, over-priced stuffed animals called beanie boos. My kids beg for them every time we go, and I always tell them they can get one if the earn enough allowance. Jesh finally did it this past week. Here he is with his new baby kitty, named ChristmasTreeLightChristmas (a kitty name he made up at least a year and a half ago and has been using ever since).
Sally and I had three different school meetings one morning, and she came home exhausted. I unbuckled her but left her in the stroller, hoping that would give her the best sleep. Then I fell asleep on the couch. After a while she fussed and I could hear her moving around, but not enough that I woke up.
When I finally did, here she was. She'd gotten out of the stroller, found her Stefanie blanket, and gone back to sleep. Poor girl. Being the youngest person on PTA can be rough!.
Here are the kids watching a movie together. (Jesh does have underwear on.)
More coloring.
This fence is on our walk home from school, and the kids love to walk along it. They call it the belly fence.
We got a hand-me-down suit for Jesh that is in great condition, and he is thrilled to be twins with yancy. (And thank goodness we finally cut his hair!)










Mmmm....makes me want French toast! Christmastreelightchristmas kitty is absolutely adorable, though I agree it is definitely cruel to put such temptations up in front of the store for the kids to see. Please tell Jesh that his Uncle Rick and Auntie Shawna think he looks very handsome and very much like his dad in his "new" suit.
ReplyDelete