Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mothers Day, Ladies!

We had a nice day at our house. I got two Mothers Day gifts: pens, which I requested, and a swiss army knife, which was a thoughty surprise from Yancy. Jesh gave me the picture, which has something to do with flying to Seattle.



And these are the cards the kids made me at church today. The flower on the orange card is made from Darcy's thumb prints.



One of the best gifts of the day was Yancy doing all the dishes — the chore I most dislike. My best friend is moving in a couple weeks and the only silver lining is that she might sell her countertop dishwasher to me when she leaves. Please say a prayer or send good karma that our landlord will give me permission to have it and that my friend's husband will agree to sell it. Arms crossed and fingers crossed!

I love morning church but the kids are always stir crazy by evening, so we went for a walk. These pictures are from when we were waiting for the elevator to go back home. It's so hard to get a good shot with both kids.






We had an evening Mother's Day treat of strawberry shortcake. We wanted a picture of the cake Jesh made (apparently it was a birthday cake) but we was adamant, "No pictures!" Away papa-razzi!



Good thing Yancy is so sneaky.




No comments:

Post a Comment