Sunday, November 2, 2014

Trick or Treat

On Friday evening — the real Halloween – we went trick-or-treating to the shops in our neighborhood.

Here we are, ready to go! Coats covered up our costumes but it was too cold to go without.



Darcy was done as soon as she got her first lollipop. She and Eva (who lost her puppy hat right after leaving her house and so borrowed Jesh's fox hat for a while) were content to observe the chaos.

I've always tried to avoid giving the kids lollipops because they are especially bad for your teeth and all they are is food dye and sugar (vs. a snickers that at least has nuts). But I discovered one wonderful thing about lollipops this Halloween: They take a long time to eat. Do you know how many starbursts I ate in the time it took Darcy to eat that one lollipop?



It was chaos. We were out from about 3:30-5pm, but next year we'll go earlier. The older kids (and some of the parents) were aggressive and pushy, which made it even harder to get in and out of the tiny NYC stores and restaurants we were visiting. It would have been much worse if I hadn't gone with Wendy. Since there were two of us, one could stay outside with the stroller and the other could help Jesh and Megan make it to the candy.



Jesh and Megan show off their loot. He ended up with about two and a half pounds of candy.

Jesh isn't in pain, he's just saying, "Cheese!" Does saying cheese make anyone look good in photos?



On our walk home we paused outside the laundromat for a treat break.





1 comment:

  1. I sometimes want to smack whoever originally came up with "say cheese". You can always tell when someone's said it when you look at a photograph, because all the kids look like they're at the dentist (and not pleased about it)!

    ReplyDelete